Friday, August 24, 2007

Wait, what am I doing?


Oh, thats right. Moving to France.

16 days. Starting to feel a bit o' pressure.

Its not so much the new country, or continent. Neither is it being away from family and friends. It isn't that I'll be away from the creature comforts of home. It isn't alot of things.

Mostly its because I don't speak French, which I understand to be crucial over there.

I know, I do speak French. However, its been a while.

Back when I was speaking it on a daily basis- over a year ago- there was always a linguistic safety net. No matter what, you could always break the suspension of disbelief created in a college French course, and parle l'english. Not anymore.

Ah, whatever. No reason to worry. The Whole point of this whole French thing was to do something out of the ordinary for once-- I think living in France qualifies.
And there's no better scenery for learning French then the French countryside (I assume). I do wish I knew the language a bit better though.

(please note, the almost completely superfluous french cartoon featuring Futurama)

No comments: